PRE-ARRIVAL PROGRAMS ENROLLMENT CONTRACTS
By submitting your payment for a Pre-Arrival Program (including Pre-Orientation Programs and Travel Packages), you are agreeing to this Enrollment Contract, which forms a legal contract between you and Shorelight, LLC (“Shorelight” “we” or “us”).
General Terms for Pre-Arrival Programs:
- Fees Payment. You must pay the balance shown on your invoice by the indicated due date. If you intend to enroll at a Shorelight affiliate university the cost of your Pre-Arrival Program will appear on your university program invoice. You are responsible for paying the full invoice amount, including any banking or processing fees to the account indicated on the invoice. Shorelight has the right to amend prices due to events beyond its control.
- Refunds Generally. You must submit your refund request for all eligible refunds within 60 days of program completion, withdrawal, or dismissal. To request a refund, please email email@example.com. All refunds will be issued in U.S. Dollars, minus bank transfer and processing fees, including any fees incurred for a rejected payment, according to the exchange rate in place at the time of the refund. All eligible refunds will be processed when students complete, withdraw, or are dismissed from our program. This may be transferred to the student’s university account or processed as a refund directly to the student. Refunds are typically issued within 60 business days from receipt of completed form.
Pre-Orientation Program (POP) Terms:
- Failure to Pay for POP. You may incur late fees by failing to pay by your payment deadline and we may unenroll you from your Pre-Orientation Program.
- POP Refunds. If you cancel your Pre-Orientation Program prior to its start date, you may request a full refund of POP fees paid, less any non-refundable fees such as banking, housing or administrative fees. After start date, all tuition and fees for the entire duration of your POP are nonrefundable.
- Code of Conduct: Whether you participate in a virtual or on-campus Pre-Orientation Program, you are required to adhere to your university’s code of student conduct. We may dismiss you from the POP for violating any university rules or regulations. We do not provide refunds in cases of dismissal.
Travel Package Terms
- Failure to Pay for Travel Package. You may incur late fees by failing to pay by your payment deadline and a cancellation of your airline reservations, visa appointments and all other elements of your travel package.
- Travel Package Refunds. If you cancel your travel package, you may request a partial refund of fees paid, less the non-refundable fees noted below, subject to the Refund Schedule. After the no refund dates listed, all payments for the entire duration of your travel package are nonrefundable.
Non-refundable fees: US visa package ($823) + air ticket cancellation fee in accordance with airline policy.
|15 days prior to scheduled departure from home country||90% less non-refundable fees|
|3-14 days prior to scheduled departure from home country||30% of total program cost|
|0-3 days prior to scheduled departure from home country||0% refund|
- Third-Party Vendor. We may outsource certain travel and other services to third parties at some Travel Package locations. You hereby consent to allow us to disclose certain personally identifiable information to such third parties for the purpose of providing you with services. Please check with your enrollment services counsellor as certain fees may be payable directly to third parties.
- You are subject to the laws of the Travel Package host country and agree to abide by those laws. You acknowledge that you will be subject to the host country’s legal processes, and that we are not obligated to provide you with any financial or legal assistance or advice, and you are solely responsible for obtaining independent assistance at your own expense. Alcohol abuse, as well as using, purchasing, distributing, or possessing illegal drugs or any other controlled substances is a serious violation that will result in cancellation of your Travel Package. Your Travel Package may also be terminated if you engage in the following prohibited behavior:
- Behavior that is detrimental to your health, welfare, or safety or that of other
- Self-endangerment including involvement in activities that could result in personal harm
- Disruptive behavior
- Disorderly, indecent or obscene conduct
- Violent or threatening behavior against others
- Falsification of personal records including, but not limited to, alteration of transcripts or grade reports, medical records or other documents required for participation.
You are not entitled to any refund if you are dismissed for any of the above-listed reasons, and we may report such conduct to your university.
- Cancellation by Us. We reserve the right to cancel your Travel Package due to factors beyond our control. In the unlikely event that we are required to cancel your Travel Package due to force majeure or any other reason, we will refund all payments received but will have no further liability to you. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to make alterations to your Travel Package as we may deem necessary, without notice, or to cancel the Travel Package or any aspect of it prior to or after departure if we determine or believe that any person is or will be in danger if the Travel Package or any aspect of it continues.
- Risk of Visa Denial. Only U.S. immigration authorities can provide you with a visa for study. We do not guarantee that you will get your visa by participating in the Travel Package and we do not provide any refunds if you do not get a visa.
Pre-Arrival Program Legal Terms
- Force Majeure. Shorelight, LLC will not be liable in cases where such party is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, disease or pandemic (including COVID-19), national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or any other reasons which are beyond its control.
- . Liability. The liability of Shorelight, LLC, and its group companies, directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and partners with respect to losses arising from negligence (except where such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law), breach of contract or otherwise will be limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to Shorelight or the relevant group company by the relevant student. Such companies and persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Any dispute, claim or other matter arising will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to the choice of law rules. Any legal suit, action or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right or issues arising out of or related to this Enrollment Contract, shall be brought exclusively in the Massachusetts state courts located in Suffolk County. By signing these terms and conditions, the student consents to and accepts the jurisdictions of such courts for the purpose of any such action or proceeding and agree to waive any objection to venue being laid therein.
- Legal Compliance. We have a legal obligation to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. We may use certain information you provided to us on your application to ensure our compliance with export and other regulations by screening you against lists prepared by federal government agencies, such as those prepared by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You hereby consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to third-party screening services that we have retained solely to conduct such screenings.