Before You Arrive
Welcome to American Collegiate, Los Angeles!
Ready to prepare for your move to Los Angeles? Before you arrive, please complete the steps below to avoid delays and common issues.
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors to answer your questions and ensure a smooth transition.
Before you start the following steps, contact your advisor by selecting your region/country and sending them a message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
COMPLETE YOUR PRE-ARRIVAL CHECKLIST
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Verify all details on your I-20 (including your date of birth), and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the required documents for your visa interview at the U.S. embassy.
After you complete the above steps, apply for your visa as soon as possible. The required interviews at the U.S. embassy can take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your visa application.
- Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to schedule your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch the videos below to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit American Collegiate, Los Angeles flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Wire transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birth date.
- Immunization requirement: Mandatory health and immunization form. Choose your campus location:
- FERPA disclosure form (Acknowledgment of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)