Before You Arrive
Welcome to American Collegiate, Los Angeles!
Ready to prepare for your move to Los Angeles? Before you arrive, please complete the steps below to avoid delays and common issues.
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors to answer your questions and ensure a smooth transition.
Before you start the following steps, contact your advisor by selecting your region/country and sending them a message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Abbie (North Asia, excluding Korea)
Doris (South China)
COMPLETE YOUR PRE-ARRIVAL CHECKLIST
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Verify all details on your I-20 (including your date of birth), and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the required documents for your visa interview at the US embassy.
After you complete the above steps, apply for your visa as soon as possible. The required interviews at the US embassy can take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your visa application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to schedule your visa appointment, to review what documentation you will need to take with you, and to understand what to expect when you arrive.
- Notify your Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch the videos below to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your flight, visit americancollegiate.com/la/arrival to enter your travel itinerary and confirm your free airport pick-up if required. Pick-ups are offered from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). This will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
- Flywire by peer transfer: Please visit American Collegiate, Los Angeles flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a US credit card or US bank account.
Please submit the following forms before your arrival on campus and bring copies with you to campus.
- Immunization requirement: Mandatory health and immunization form.
- FERPA Disclosure Form (Acknowledgment of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
If under the age of 18, students will need to submit the following:
If you did not provide with your application, copies of final secondary school transcripts and diploma completion certificate are required.
- Current passport
- I-94 (Can be printed from I-94 Website)
- Offer letter
For 5-10 transfer applications and NOT admissions, at least five copies of original, certified, individually sealed (if possible) high school transcripts and post-secondary transcripts (if any) in both English and local language
Official copy of TOEFL/IELTS/other proof English proficiency exam
Completed Health & Immunization form
Incoming American Collegiate, LA students are required to take a math placement exam before they arrive to campus. Here are the instructions on how to take the exam.
- Click here to take your ALEKS Math Placement.
- Enter the Class Code found in the Next Steps letter that was emailed to you, then click continue and follow the next steps.
Your academic path begins with deciding not just where to study, but what to study while at university. By completing the Major Matcher Assessment, you will solidify your major selection based on your academic interests and personal skillset.
- Click here to take the Major Matcher Assessment.
Trained by U.S. News Global Education, your American Collegiate, LA advisor provides personalized one-on-one sessions to ensure you are ready to begin your transfer journey. This session will include:
- A welcome and overview of the American Collegiate, LA program outlining what to expect over the following quarters.
- Discussion of your academic goals, including your intended major and course interests.
This is an opportunity to have your questions about the program and city answered as you prepare to live and learn in Los Angeles. Click here to sign up for your advising session.